- Enjoy the sound of moving water.
- Sing to yourself and enjoy the way your voice echoes off the walls.
- Listen to a podcast. Or, record a podcast. You’ve got your phone, right? They’re pretty much waterproof these days.
- Examine the tongue and count the tastebuds.
- Stare into the middle distance and breathe through the anxious thoughts.
- Work on your dissertation.
- Work on your watercolours.
- Notch the ribs to count the days.
- Practice gratitude – this is the first time in weeks that you’ve had a moment to yourself.
- Practice holding your breath.
Remember: Eat lightly before the trip. Be well rested before setting sail.
PS – I love writing and I love eating! If you want to help with the latter (and ONLY if you want) you can maybe buy me a coffee? 🙂